learn to dive
Scuba diving is an adventure open to anyone aged 12 or over – and with the Isle of Man Sub Aqua Club’s connection to BSAC’s worldwide network of clubs and centres providing accessible, affordable scuba diving lessons, it’s never been easier to learn to dive.
The Isle of Man Sub Aqua Club has long been in on the secret of how exciting our seas are to scuba dive – our members have been taking scuba diving lessons and safely diving, exploring and enjoying the Island’s seas (and many other places around the world) for many years.
If you’re a qualified diver yet to dive in the UK, or simply want to get back in the water, contact us for dry suit training or simply do a Scuba refresher in the sheltered waters of Port Erin Bay.
BSAC Ocean Diver Training Introduction
The aims of this presentation:-
- Introduce our BSAC Branch
- How to part of the BSAC Organisation
- Benefits of your BSAC Membership
- Benefits of training with the Branch
- Benefits with diving with the Branch
- The Ocean Diver Course
Isle of Man Sub Aqua Club
The Isle of Man Sub Aqua Club is one of over a thousand individual Branches and Centres. The British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) is the largest diving club in the world.
Benefits of BSAC and IOMSAC Membership
Benefits of joining BSAC-
- Internationally recognised qualifications
- Diving Manual
- Monthly Dive Magazine
- Third Party Insurance
- Members Mail Shop
Benefits of joining the Isle of Man Sub Aqua Club-
- Regular and varied Diving (all year round)
- Social Nights
- Sharing experiences and ideas
- Diving and Training Programmes
- Diving Equipment
- Two Ribs (Teeval & Sleein Jairgh)
- Safety Equipment
- Branch Support
- Planned Diary of Dives
- Range of Dive Buddies
- Range of Diving Interests
- Diving Holidays
- Sharing Costs
What will it cost?
Training (Ocean Diver)
- BSAC Membership £65.00 p.a. (Junior £28 / Joint £38)
- IOMSAC Membership £85.00 if paid by Cheque, £75 if paid by Direct Debit
- Student Pack £39.00
- Training, Pool, Air £188.00
Total should be £377.00, but we’re now offering this package for £235.00.
- Day Diving £11.00
- Wrecks/Extended Trips £15.00
Ocean Diver Training
The aim of the Ocean Diver Course is to train a Diver who can dive in open water using 21%, 32% and 36% 02 breathing gas mixes, in controlled conditions to a maximum depth of 20m under the supervision of a Dive Master.
- 7 Classroom presentations
- Theory assessments
- 5 pool/sheltered water sessions
- 5 open water lessons/dives
You will need
- Student Workbook
- Qualification Record Book for signature
- Pool (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Open Water (full kit)
What are the ongoing costs?
Before Open Water Lessons, you will require:
- Dry Suit
Order Early! (or hire full kit for £80)
Further Branch Training
- Sports Diver
- Dive Leader
- Advanced Diver
- First Class Diver
All of which are included in your membership. All you would need to purchase is the required training pack from BSAC, all tuition is carried out by the club free of charge for all members.
Come join us for other activities, such as:
- Boat Trips
- Social Holidays (Orkneys, Egypt etc.)
- Onward Training and SD Courses
- Dive Week
- and lots more.